View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 08:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
Those CRT tubes never hurt anybody, unless they imploded. The government and the recycling industry is just trying to make more money off anything that might be consider hazardous. Aren't the new swirly light bulbs also considered hazardous waste, but yet they want us to buy those and "save" energy. Anything can be considered hazardous if used in the wrong way. Yea, we send them over to 3rd world countries, and let them burn them, which is worse than just leaving them alone buried in a landfill. Even the flat screens I believe contain mercury, so are they going to ban those too in time for something newer and better for the environment? Those stupid suit and tie guys in Washington try to force everything on the general public so the big CEO's, and politicians can rake in all the dough. Oh by the way, lets ban cars (people get killed in accidents), lets ban all guns, how about power plants, (they produce pollution), Maybe we can all live on solar power, with our environmentally friendly gadgets. Think they will ever run semi-trucks on batteries? I doubt it!! No fuel, no pollution, but think again, the batteries (if it were possible) would also contain poisonous waste. CRTs, well I'm keeping my old TV sets.

Just two words i will say: I AGREE