View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 01:19 PM
M is for Memory

So I bought this set back in early 2019 and the last 2-3 days have been futzing with it...
TUD1 sold it to me without a CRT and I put a jug that I've tested but never seen work in it, IIRC there was no blue lateral/purity assemblies (sourcing a lateral slowed me down a year) and missing knobs and screws (I think I still need a volume knob and 2 pencil box knobs).

In addition to vertical issues noted I've got basically no video (I can kind of percieve sync bars), brightness varying the focus/HV, and I can't do a proper setup because the guns won't fully extinguish with any setting of screens.
Gun Bias voltage seems normal except focus which is usually low when the CRT is connected. The space between the G2 and focus glows green sometimes which concearns me. The video detector showed signs of recent desoldering and I have perfect sound so I tacked in another video detector and have more distinct sync and hints of video but I suspect its in backwards. The replacement diode I scrounged had no band so I may have flipped it while waiting for my soldering iron to heat up. I plan to flip it today and see if I can get video.
If I can get test patterns on it I should be down to just vertical and brightness issues which will both be easier to diagnose with video.
Having 3 problems to chase at once instead of 1 makes this a good bit more challenging.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-01-2020 at 01:22 PM.