View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 01:00 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Tech-109 View Post
I've had luck with both my 466 and 467 hitting the K/G1 remove shorts multiple times and not blowing the tube, I've modified the 466 to use the 467 style plugs and both show the same readings after the remove shorts hits. The 467 keeps the heaters on during the remove shorts so I don't think it's going to kill the tube. If you have a good high voltage power supply and 10uf 450v cap you can basically emulate the removal by heating up the tube and throwing the charged cap across the cathode and grid by hand to bust the short open. I've done this with the little Sony 5" direct heat Trinitron tubes only I used a 1uf cap given their delicacy.
You do know B&K offered a factory made adapter that allows 467 adapters to fit the 466, right? My 466 has one. The adapter also has a knob for selection of 'normal-special'...Never had a tube that needed special IIRC. Universal adapters for these aren't hard to make...I had a dud scope tube with a 10BP4 style base with all (14?) pins populated that I used to make a universal adapter. Any CRT I don't have an adapter for, especially ones I can't find an adapter for (like my 15GP22s and Protelgram CRTs) I just look up the pinout and whip that out to test them.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4