View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 12:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Unfortunately the owner of the TV's is out of town until tomorrow, and those pictures I posted were the only pictures he had of it.

When I was messaging the guy about the TVs and trying to see if he would budge from his price, I told him that I would like to see the TVs in person before I dropped $120 on them because of the fact I didn't want to get burned on something that wasn't as pictured.

It was kind of frustrating that he wouldn't budge from his price at all because he said that the bigger Zenith was in untested/unknown working order, which I tried to use that fact in the bargaining of the price, but he insisted on $60 a piece, even though I offered him what I thought was more than a fair price for the bigger Zenith considering it was in unknown working order (I had offered him $40 for that TV which is more than generous for a TV that is in unknown working order.)

Unfortunately he used a threat of "If you don't take the two for $120, then I have two other people who are more than willing to pay that including a woman who was going to make them into fish tanks" to keep his price.

I had initially messaged him about the Zenith Bugeye TV, and that he only wanted $60 for, but then, he messaged me later on saying he had another older Zenith "For Sale" and he sent some pictures of it in messenger (in this case only two pictures and they weren't very good pictures because they didn't even show the back of the TV) and said that it was "untested" and then said that I could have that one too if I wanted, and I said how much and he said "shoot me an offer" and I did which I said "how about since its working condition isn't know why don't you just throw it in with the price of the other TV" and he said "Nah, I can't do that" and so then I offered him $25 again citing the fact that the TV is in unknown working order, and he said "that's too low" and that's when he said "$120 for both" and I said "can you do $80 for both?" and he said "nope $120 or its going to some lady who is going to turn them into fish tanks" and that's when I agreed to the price.

The part where he said he was "out of town until Monday" (and this was this past Wednesday) kind of scares me a bit, because when I tried asking him when where he wanted to meet up for me to get the TVs from him, that was when he said "I'm out of town until Monday".
Which I'm hoping that isn't a sign that he's nothing more than a scammer.

I say that because there has been for about 3 months now several listings on Facebook Marketplace from a local guy who supposedly has a storage unit full of 1930s-1950s vintage Console Radios for sale between $10-$150 depending on the make and model, and he said he had Stewart-Warner, Zenith, Stromberg-Carlson, Silvertone, Philco, Wards-Airline, Farnsworth, Capehart, etc.
So I messaged the guy asking him for specific model numbers of some of the radios, specifically the Stewart-Warner, Zenith, Stromberg-Carlson, Farnsworth and Capehart units, and he never messaged me back and that was over 2 weeks ago.

The weird part is that when I look at the conversation/message I sent to this guy, the listing says "the item has been removed by the seller" which makes me think that those listings are scams, and because of that, I'm hoping that isn't the case with these Zenith TVs.