View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 02:15 PM
M is for Memory

Words of advice: If you use UHF first use a DTV box with a signal meter (like a Zenith DTT901 in the menu's manual tune mode) to find all receivable and too-weak to receive DTV carriers (I made a list of all active carriers and their channels) and select a channel that is unoccupied and has at least one unoccupied channel on either side of it (not always easy on UHF)....If you don't you will get interference (out shouted if on the same channel, or otherwise adjacent channel) from OTA DTV stations. The transmit antenna you use is CRITICAL to performance. Shango66 has a good youtube video on custom making a good one (I lack the SWR meter so I fine tune by rough guess), but UHF antennas are too short to use that technique accurately without an SWR meter.

The AM40 series can muster about 60-100' of transmission range (before complete snow-out) under optimal circumstances, if you wish to cover your whole house/yard snow free you want an AM60 or BAVMz series.

Unless you have a LOT of TVs, TVs in several rooms, or portable sets it is usually cheaper and easier to get a generic ch 3/4 modulator or VCR with one builtin and go with a wired interconnect system...I had 7 sets that would get used on a wired system in one room till I moved and wound up with 5 in one room (main signal source cluster), 7+ in another, and over 30 in the basement....At that point the amount of wire spliters and modulators to make that all work was more expensive than a good BT modulator or three, and a change in strategy was made.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4