View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 12:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
I have a collection of several dozen vintage phones, mostly by Western Electric. Said collection is partially cataloged on this page, though I haven't updated it in years. We had FiOS installed here about 12 years ago. They disconnected our copper pair, though I think the old cable is still within the old network interface in our basement. Fortunately, the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) they installed does support pulse dialing, though it is very sensitive about the rate of pulses, so if the dial is too slow (or too fast?), it doesn't acknowledge a digit being dialed. This has resulted in me taking a number of my vintage phones out of service, though I've been able to lubricate the dials in some of them to get them pulsing normally. Anyway, here are some pics of a few of the phones not found on my above list page, plus an alternate shot of one which is:

Western Electric three slot payphone, actually a 'franken-phone' put together by the fictitious "Long Island Telephone Co.":

A Western Electric 151AL dial candlestick next to an Automatic Electric 40 "Monophone", both from the '30s or so:

A Western Electric 5302 (old-style 302 set with a 500-like housing fitted around its innards) next to a Northern Electric 500F party line set, both from the '50s:

Three European touchtone phones from the '70s:

A Western Electric 354 wall phone from the early '50s:

A Western Electric "Americana" replica wood wall phone from their early '80s "Design Line":

Are you a member of TCI?