View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Your set should have adjustable vertical height and linearity controls -- all the old NTSC CRT sets did, until CRTs disappeared. If yours was built any time before the end of analog TV (as I am almost sure your Samsung was), it almost certainly has these controls on the rear chassis apron. You may have to remove the back cover to get to them, however, as some of the newer sets were designed with the service controls hidden, or set by fixed resistors the values of which were determined for optimum performance at the factory, so that curious non-technical people couldn't fiddle with them.

BTW, you seem to be receiving an excellent signal in Orlando from the station in your area that carries MeTV, if you get that station on rabbit ears. I live 30+ miles east of Cleveland and cannot receive the MeTV affiliate on an antenna, because the station's DTV channel is VHF high band (channel 10) and my ClearCast DTV indooor antenna just doesn't get it. Same thing with Antenna TV -- its local affiliate is on a VHF high band DTV channel, so I cannot see that one either with the CC antenna. On cable, however, reception on these channels, and every other expanded-basic and standard cable channel Time Warner Cable carries, are excellent on my 19" flat screen.
It only has V-Size, but no H-Size control. And I have the V-Size adjusted to match the aspect ratio perfectly.

I'm getting a 91% signal quality for MeTV.