View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just an update: I ended up getting the correct documentation from praybay for another $10. It helped, or helped me confirm that for whatever reason the line adjustment function is not working properly. It's working, but not showing on the meter. Also, I found a huge 2 section cap inside separate from the power supply lytics, but with one side getting warm. I disconnected it and jumped in another cap and the unit didn't perform any differently. Really, it probably helped some function that I wasn't using.

Again, I personally was an idiot for even getting the thing as I mentioned in the first post. Simply because I didn't REALLY need it and I now have another piece of test equipment that needs some sort of repair to make it do it's job. Honestly, I thought that it was new enough to not to have problems such as bad caps. so it was really meant to be a toy to try out on the few crts that I have. Either way after a few tests it probably would have ended up in the "hardly ever used" equipment pile. It is well built and clean as a whistle. Perhaps someone here is in need of something like this for regular use and I can ship it to them.

I am probably lucky that my venture didn't work out since one c.r.t. that I may have tried it on would have been my Zenith "roundie" tube. I have heard that you can ruin a good tube with certain functions on these testers. Glad I didn't find out.