View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:54 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAge View Post
Almost all of the spam calls I get are from my area code, and usually the next three digits are the same as my number as well. Apparently the scammers have figured out how to fake the caller ID so it looks like a local number. I guess the theory is people are more likely to pick up if the number appears local. They use numbers that are in use, and if you call back it will go to the actual owner of the number. I know they have used my number when calling other people because my voicemail is full of messages from strangers asking me to stop bothering them.
My cell at least has a good solution to that...it is still on the old Florida area code it had when we got on the plan over a decade ago...we never fit in worth a damn there so since we moved nobody we know there has our number...every "local" area code on that phone is automatically a wrong number or spam.... though most spam on that line tends not to be in that area code.... seems like there are a lot of people there who either can't dial or can't accurately give out a phone number... Some of the messages from strangers make me glad I'm still young, and never abused substances.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4