View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 12:06 PM
BigDavesTV

Here's a few shots of my '67 Philco Roundie, that I bought from the original owner. He bought it new and put it into service in November, 1967. He had a custom laminated glass cut and edges polished, for the top of the set, to protect it's finish! The way I have it displayed, is the way I found it, with a "condensed operating instruction sheet" under the right-front corner of the glass, with a note written on it in his pen. This TV was still connected directly to an outdoor antenna (no D/A converter box at all), so it must have had occasional use up until the 2009 changeover, as we have no analog stations on UHF, or VHF whatsoever, here. Every tube in this set was the original, I had to replace, IIRC, 3 color circuit tubes, I believe all three were 6GH8A's (no surprise. New 3.58 crystal, new Vert. HT. pot, to replace the broken one that he likely tried to adjust, at some point, with the wrong tool! CRT is original 21FJP22A Philco, and I had to perform a mild gun-cleaning restoration, it's cataracted and somewhat "tired" but will do for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Cover Label.jpg (82.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Chassis View.jpg (92.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Sample Pic_3.jpg (70.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Sample Pic_4.jpg (68.4 KB, 39 views)