View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco-nix View Post
well . fake or not , I'm not sure what you say is a good thing for anyone, man ... Do not talk too much to say nothing . when you find a TV that pleases us, whether manufactured in the US or Canada, what does that change anything in your life? A vintage TV is always good to take, no matter her beauty or her condition, dear sir. I am Canadian and if I said the same thing when I find a TV that comes from elsewhere, it would be insulting to those from elsewhere in my sens..Voila my rant that does not happen often and I hope it will not happen again either !! ..

Have a great day to all..
There was no insult in his comment as far as I can tell...Perhaps your from the french region and running his posts through a buggy translation program?
What He seemed to say the way I read it was: That in his opinion colonial style cabinets are ugly. And that the Canadians were as good at making that style of cabinet as we were.

From here on my moderator talk ends and I talk personally as a collector.

Personally I prefer sets in styles that were considered modern when a set was new, and when I can choose between identical chassis in modern, colonial, Mediterranean, or our very own but-ugly Early American cabinet style, I always go for the modern cabinet (they just look that much more swanky/cool to me).
There are three reasons I buy a set, to preserve an example of something rare (or cheap ), for an example of interesting circuitry design, or for a cool looking cabinet. I save as much as I can, but sorry to say that the common sets with generic boring chassis have to have a really cool cabinet for me to give them a second look. If a set is super rare or has a really cool/good chassis/circuit in it then I will save it even if the cabinet was intentionally designed to be ugly.

We can't save every set (especially here in the radio/TV belt), and drawing lines based on personal taste is a valid approach to limit ourselves to a practical intake of sets.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma