View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Old TVs are better!

Glad to see someone your age taking an interested in the old analog stuff. I still watch a lot of movies on VHS, and somehow playing music off the web just isn't the same as putting the needle on a vinyl record, or playing an 8 track as it clicks tracks right in the middle of a song. There never was nothing really wrong with VHS, analog, Beta, records etc, except the manufacturers just want people to keep buying and spending more money. I love repairing the old stuff. I hope you develop an interest in keeping the old technology alive. I am 64 years old, and I was " weird" too, when I was young, recording on an old wire recorder, cutting records on my old Recordio, and watching a B&W TV. I remember taking videos on a VHS camcorder when my 2 sons were in school of their events and track meets, etc. Made me feel important having that big old camcorder up on my shoulder shooting video. I still have it and it still works, but the 2 batteries I have for it are dead, so unless I'm taking video within range of a outlet or extension cord, it's kind of useless now, but those were the days when taking and watching your own videos were actually fun. Now everyone has cell phones that can take video, and do nearly everything, but that just isn't as much fun as it was when you put in a VHS tape and actually watched your own movies.
Audiokarma