Thread: Vm 1245/1266
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have the connector for the player, but it runs back into one of the tube amps. I spent time last night tracing wires and on Google to glean additional info. The original AC plug is non-polarized and has one line going directly to the motor, and the other going to the on/off switch for the TT. Now that I understand the wiring, here is my plan:

The console has all of the original amps, speakers, tuner, etc. still installed, but just the TV and related wiring has been removed. I would like to keep it as original looking as possible, so my tube preamp and SS amp will remain hidden. The on/off switch and all console controls are still present and wired up. I would like to wire the TT AC up to the original console on/off switch and keep the preamp/SS amp wired to a separate power strip hidden inside the console. This way, it still appears to onlookers that the unit is functioning as originally designed. I'm not sure that the original power switch can handle straight 110v or if it is relayed. Guess I have some more investigating to do.