View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 04:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

TK-31B has horizontal scan problem

I'm working on an RCA TK-31A which was upgraded to a 31B by the station which previously owned it. I've completely recapped the chain: Camera, CCU and Power Supply and am getting potentially good pictures; everything is working fine with the following exception: the horizontal scan has the following problem: The right half of the picture is correct. However, from approximately the center of the picture and going about 4/5ths of the way to the left, there is a sharp demarcation and then expanded sweep width to the last 1/5 of the picture which is a mirror image of the previous 1/5 of picture which was in correct orientation. I know this sounds like a shunt cap failure in the yoke of a CRT receiver from the 40s and/or 50s, but there are no caps shunting the horizontal deflection windings in this camera. Has anyone out there run into this problem before and if so, how did you correct this problem? All replacement parts are brand new and everything remaining in the horizontal section reads "good." Any ideas?