View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

1) The doorknobs. I had an early b/w set with a bad doorknob once; easy enough to repair. I have an assortment of "pulls". From what was on the webpage that Dave had for his TV123, he had to replace them due to a rectifier that was red-plating. I had a no-HV condition earlier in the resurrection process that was cured by changing them...I'm not sure which was bad. The 3 higher value caps were replaced with new production Murata units ($$$) while the one in the focus circuit is the same rating typically seen in early b/w stuff so I swapped in another I had on hand. Tonight I disconnected or swapped around the replacements with no change. While I was at it I also replaced the 4.7 ohm resistor in the base of the diode coupler.

2) I never thought about restringing the filament windings. I can't see anything obvious but its hard to tell what might be hidden where it wraps around. I have plenty of replacement HV wire so maybe I'll give it a try. This raises a question: is there any polarity that has to be observed? (I don't see how it could matter)

3) The damper-Nick included a NOS tube when I got it, plus I bought a spare. Swapping brought no change.

I need to reexamine the stack of 68mmf/5kv caps in the width coil/yoke circuit. I previously loosened one end and subbed something halfway close to see what would happen but nothing changed. Now that I have the HV cage all torn apart, my access is as good as it will ever be. I should just order some and be done, whether they're good or bad. I'm not sure how failure prone they are-I guess they're ceramic.