View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA CTC-20 Acquisition

Went on an hour and a half drive up to a small village called Mayville near Saginaw to meet with a guy selling a bunch of tvs. He had bought a farm house and the previous owners had kept just about every set they had ever owned. The sets ranged from early 50's b/w up to an rca colortrak. I also found some letters and service manuals for a 40's tele-king set and a Midwest metal cone set. I didn't grab the early b/w rectangular sets or the later ss sets, but I did grab this nice RCA ctc-20, a few boxes of pulled tubes, some radio chassis, and a spare silvertone branded 21fbp22. The 21fbp22 was literally a barn find! There was a rusted out ctc 15 chassis next to it. Amazingly it only has a few minor scratches and tests good, though not super strong. The ctc-20 has its original '66 Hi-lite crt and also tests good but on the weak side. Set has a few changed tubes and a service note from '72 about changing the horizontal linearity control but otherwise looks good. Will probably start working on it in the next few weeks, first I need to air out the dusty barn smell. .