View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

The biggest I had was a KLH (how the mighty had fallen!), it was one of the first pieces of electronics I'd seen that was made in China. It was just okay, not much of a tuner. I had a teacher in school that was in to old time radio and would play shows on his boombox, about the size of that Magnavox. It was a Wards Airline so must have been late 70s? I think they dropped the brand by the 80s. Anyway, it had SW as well.

My favorite boombox story: sometime in the 80s my father had repaired a car for this guy and the fellow accused Dad of tearing up his radio. Dad knew the guy was trying to scam him as he hadn't been anywhere near the trunk. So, Pop paid him some money then took the radio which upset the owner since he thought he was going to get to keep it and the money, too. Dad then took that boombox by the handle and, with a mighty swing, hurled it as hard as he could at the cement block wall! It broke into a thousand pieces, making my father feel much better and assuring that customer wouldn't give him any more trouble!