View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 04:59 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
I don't think it's the pivot that is binding. Because at times the arm floats free laterally. It seems more like a timing of the auto function issue to me.
If the auto change is not actively going through its cycle then it should not have any sort of intermittent bearing on the arm's ability to float freely...Granted if this occurs at the runout grove position for 45's (the farthest runout grove position from the center) or another record runout grove position then it is possible that the end of record change cycle trip mech is not operating correctly and causing the binding. In cases like this, I like to pull the changer and remove the stylus for safety then move the platter by hand and work the mech through its cycle and look at what the above and below deck connections to the arm pivot are doing when it is binding...Sometimes there is a lever on the pivot underneath that is hitting something else that is gummed up.

I would still clean and lube the arm pivot. Old grease turns to glue, and its binding effect can change at random.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 07-31-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Audiokarma