View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Eric mine is a VR9720AT01 I don't believe it's Hi-Fi, it's dated December of 1988. When I was young, the step dad bought, If my memory serves me correctly was the GE version. Also my aunt bought the Sylvania version, I think they were bought in the same year "1988". I don't recall ever seeing a Hi-Fi version of these. If i did, it probably didn't look any different, I would think they probably didn't have the VU meter display on the front either.. I do remember both family members having these for a long time before they stopped working properly and tossed them...

Blast that is too bad, TV/VCR repair shops are the thing of the past. Nothing is made to be repaired anymore, it's made to be tossed out.. Look at our beloved Blockbuster Video, I knew this day was coming.. No more having to leave the house to rent movies, just sit your lazy but on the couch and press a few buttons with your greasy fingers while holding a bag of chips in the other.

I just did a search on Ebay and i think the remote to our GE was this one..

I did another search and I believe this was our GE model, if not its close to it

Last edited by tvcollector; 03-01-2011 at 12:09 AM.