View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 06:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasadowsk View Post
You can find 45s basically anywhere. My big issue with stocking my jukeboxes, is that most places here with 45s don’t sort them in any useful order, besides having a few rooms of milk crates of records. Sucks having to sort through a few thousand records to find you want, in unabused condition.

I recently picked up a Seeburg R. I don’t like Stevie Wonder, the guy I picked up from did. Once I got it into scan, we both emptied it out. He pulled the title strips for me.

The records do squat for the value. Esp if you’re like me and load with period correct stuff. And on a 1954 machine, that’s not what you’d think. This one’s gonna be cool - we know the history of the machine, which neat because I know roughly what actually would have gone into it…
Well most of the records that came with this Jukebox I got were mostly old Country-Western and Rock and Roll records and they all have sleeves with them yet including some that have picture sleeves with them yet. Some of the Artists that came with this jukebox included Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Heart, a few Christmas records, Billy Ray Cyrus, Conway Twitty, Chicago, Eddie Murphy, Bob Seger, The Judds, Oakridge Boys, and much more.

Also what if I were to tell you I've already got several people interested in my jukebox and one person was actually interested in it with the records for $1500?

The person interested in it for $1500 is actually a local record store, and then there's several old diners in my area that have been around since the early 1900s that might be interested in it as well if they don't already have a jukebox.

Also I got the turntable platter for the jukebox today and tomorrow I'll be getting the cartridge for the tonearm, I also was able to get ahold of a PDF of the service manual for the Jukebox, but I had to pay $25 to get it (much like how Sam's does it with their Service Manuals, but at least these were better quality scans and the scematics were all on one page for each section of the jukebox.)
Now all that's missing (and I'm not sure if I'll find one) is the spring for adjusting the tonearm weight for the cartridge tracking weight.

Also I'm going to need the motor grommets replaced on the turntable drive motor because they're in bad shape (and one of them was missing when I got the unit, and I was able to find it inside the cabinet but then I lost it again.)

Last edited by vortalexfan; 04-24-2024 at 07:03 PM.