Thread: Bk 440 or 466
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 02:23 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Tech-109 View Post
I have both a 466 and 467 and they're about the same in terms of accuracy, I can't speak for the earlier 440 model. The 467 is basically a multiplexed 466 that uses some rudimentary logic but regardless of the extra tech they're both milliamp meters measuring cathode current. Personally I like the 466 better as it doesn't have all the extra smarts but the CRT interface plug is a pain if you want to make a breakout cable. I reconfigured mine to work with the 467 Molex connector.
The 466 isn't particularly hard to make a breakout cable for. Without any adapter plugged in the main cable is the standard post war monochrome socket (the 10BP4 and virtually every other monochrome CRT pre 1958 used it) rob a base off a dud tube, brightener, or a scope tube (the scope tubes have every pin populated) and build an adapter. I did that for mine but only made the adapter for one gun...I made the heater leads extra long though. I figure on color tubes it's easier to move the K, G1 and G2 leads than hook up 3 sets of them and on the 466 you can't read them all at once anyway.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4