View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Dummy me....I have, what I consider to be a really PRIMO all Tooob AM-FM radio-a Newcomb model AFM-1500. I got this Bad Boi about 5-10 yrs back from a Facebook local, who knew I'm into old radio/TV junque. Newcomb also made school record players & whatnot, their stuff was always good quality & "Built to Take It" This set has an AM section that rivals any of my Boatanchors, & the FM section is equally good. I used to have it on my nightstand, & would go to sleep to Art Bell/George Noory by it, on WLAC 1510 in Nashville. They came in the best here in Greater Bugtussle, but my wife won't let me play it anymore. But SHE can listen to her I-thingy doodad, it ain't FAIR, dammittall.... (Grin) Anyhow, if you ever run into one of these sets, I HIGHLY recommend you get it. If you don't want it, I'll happily beg, borrow, buy, steal it off you. They're portable-Well, "Luggable" would be more like it, but they're a DANDY radio, roughly the size of a moderately large tool box. Mine is rather "1960" looking, Kent T. looked 'em up, & I think mine went for $270 or so back then, a princely sum for a radio in 1960...