View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 08:06 AM
I love old stuff

Yes, we had F.M. 65-73 M.Hz.
Only formers Yougoslavia and Eastern Germany (G.D.R.) had F.M. 88-100 (G.D.R. 88-104 in the '80's). 1st because it wasn't in the Soviet Bloc and Eastern Germany because it introduced F.M. (U.K.W.) before the introduction of F.M. O.I.R.T. standard.
Radios could be modified to work on 65-73 M.Hz. (M.c.) in stad of 88-100, 88-104, 88-105, 88-108. But the where some nice Eastern-Europeanen radios with F.M. (I'm talking about the good recivers, 'cause there where the poor qualty ones too). Now you have to midify the O.I.R.T. F.M. ones, because Europeanen bastards made us quit F.M. O.I.R.T. F.M. took off in Romania only after 1989, with the arrival of private stations.
In 1973 that 3rd Program of State Radio becamed Radio 3 (Trei) Romānia Tineret (Radio 3 Romania Youth). F.M. only. Online only in the '000's because there is a law stipulating that in F.M. one company could have only 3 national networks and they chosen another 3 stations... In the '80's Radio 3 Romānia Tineret stoped broadcastign Western music... so you tuned to forgein stations. The Yougoslav had intresting programing...
In Romania, there was an expresion for when a rumor was spreding fast: A emite pe ultrasucrte = To broadcast on ultrashort [waves]. F.M. is also called ultrascurte in Romania. The German U.K.W. (Ultra Kurtz Welle) means also U.S.W. Same Czech V.K.V. or Russian Y.K.B. (readen U.K.V.).

The East-Germans where the only ones from the Soviet Bloc to make portable tube radios with F.M. Ha, on the other hand I never seen a British portable tube radio with F.M... 1-0 for the Commies. Anyway, from the Capitalist countries only Western-Germany and Holland made nice radios... maybe the Swedish had some (oh, the Swedes and the Italians where the only one to make some domestic tube radios with F.M. 88-108... not top radios, but I want one; the Italians made only 2 models when F.M. was introduced, but after that they made those stupid 88-100 ones).
But the Czehoslovakian "Tesla" made 2 nice auto radios with F.M. (I don't know if there was an export version with C.C.I.R F.M.).
I hate the fact that they don't make any more 45, 90 or more Volts batteries. And 1.35 (the Zinc - Air 1,4 sucks and I can't find an adapter ring with voltage lowerig), 15 and 22.5 Volts ones, which where by far more common. Let them throw to junk theyr houses, I don't want to throw my apparatures.
P.S. in Romanian 22.5 Volts (twenty two and half Volts) is written 22,5 Volţi. So 1.000 = one thousand.

The tv sets that had varicap or electronic tuning where simple to modify if the worked on 625 line standard: just add filters for the 6,5 M.Hz. image - sound difference and you had sound (trough all that I heared some coulnt' be modified). My nickname had both C.C.I.R. and O.I.R.T. sound. And colour decoders wheren't a big deal...
In Romania we used P.A.L., not S.E.C.A.M. So officially Soviet imported colour tv sets had to be modify with a P.A.L. decoder. Former Yogoslavia also used P.A.L.

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 05-31-2019 at 08:34 AM.