View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 07:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Looks like nobody's chiming in. If you were turning the IF adjustments with the oscillator dead, there will be no IF signal for the adjustments to 'peak' to. So they're probably 'waay outa whack. To get them back on peak, inject a 456 khz signal. Keep attenuating the level as needed as they approach the peak. Once on peak, attenuate a little more and get it as sharp as possible.

Then start looking for why the osc. isn't running. For a start, check for continuity of the osc coil's primary and secondary windings.

Well that's the thing it was "working" (I was able to inject a 456 kHz signal into the radio and it was picking it up but it was intermittent) and now when I try to inject a 456 kHz signal into the radio it won't pick it up at all period.

Although I think I figured out part of my problem, my temporary "A" battery rig is only putting out about 150 mA of current and the radio's filaments require over 500 mA of current. So I think I need either brand new D-Cell batteries or some high output current rechargeable D-Cell batteries (like some 10,000 mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries.)

As for the oscillator coil measurements goes, I tried measuring it with my multimeter and all I get is an O. L. Reading on my multimeter when trying to measure it, it's the same way with the antenna coil and the IF coils as well and I'm pretty sure there's no way that both IF coils and the Antenna Coil and the Oscillator coil could of died all at once especially seeing as when I first got it and took it apart and measured everything they all tested fine then...