View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-1926R View Post
Agreed on the Mach 1's appearance. Somehow the Grande just doesn't look right to me.
My '73 was a Grande' Original red with black roof, I thought a great color combo. Second best was the '78's Midnight Blue with Chamois vinyl roof and interior colors. The mustangs, thunderbirds, and whatever else had it back then....

The Grande' was the EX version, cloth center to the seats, bunch-a other stuff, probably Power Brakes, and A/C, 351C, had the FMX transmission, some people didn't like it, I had no problems with it, I think my brothers mach 1 had it too... It only lived to be 143K miles, (rust killed it) engine rebuild at 135K burned a case of 20W-50 a month of local driving..... I could smoke out anyone at will though...

--------------

On the '69, a lot of people thought it was the best looking of the fastbacks.... And the back window louvers was an add on, a lota cars had them back in the later 70's..... cool looking at the time..... I guess the for-runner to those things people put in the front windows to try and keep the car cool...

Last edited by Username1; 12-13-2013 at 01:26 PM.