View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I have that model somewhere here.I love those Panasonic VCRs.I agree with dieseljeep.Use the older CRT monitor sets for VCR repair or watching.Any 1970's to 1990's CRT sets will work great for the job.

Those linear stereo VCRs were OK if you record at SP but if you record in SLP/EP .They sound like AM radio or a crappy online webstream.

The HiFi stereo units started coming out around the same time so I picked up the Panasonic PV-9600 HiFi portable then and the NEC HIFi tabletop VCR 8 months later..
I do have one Hi-Fi Stereo VCR in my Collection a Sony Prosumer Grade unit from about 1990 a model SLV-575UC which does work quite nicely yet considering it was a goodwill find, it even came with its original remote.
The rest of my VCRs are mono units besides this linear stereo unit, which has pretty nice sound for what it is when you playback a prerecorded tape.
I mostly just use my VCRs for playing prerecorded tapes only because I have no way to record anymore, so even a linear stereo unit is just fine for what I need.

Last edited by Captainclock; 01-05-2016 at 09:11 PM.