View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Ah yes.. the PV-A860 docking station that came with. Fixed a-many of those. Some mechanical problems with the docking latch mechanism, others with multiple burned components on the board.

Does yours still work?
Thats a good question.It probably needs recapping and a overhaul. I had no problem with the deck latch but it had its share of problems with the dock .As you sail burned parts on the board. The docking station had blown one of those green special SIP chips within a year of purchase .The deck had its share of issues of going out of alignment and HIfi motor boating.Over the years I pick up a couple of them and equiv models of the 9600.

Since you dont get much time out of the internal battery .I end up powering it with a 12volt 7 amp alarm battery from Radio Shack along with the Panasonic 12 volt car battery adapter.Got alot of recording time with that setup.

With the PV-1730.I should of picked up that model or the PV-1740 instead of the NEC 965U in 1987 but the built in MTS decoder which I was looking for was in the NEC .The NEC was broken down more than used.

With the 9600 /Realistic MTS tuner combo .Got alot of timer set programs screwed up and silent movies and TV shows recorded with the separate MTS tuner when for getting to turn it on and or putting it on the right channel.
Audiokarma