View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had a 67 pontiac tempest that would suddenly stall (total loss of electrical) I learned to make sure I kept momentum up when making turns (esp left) and other little tricks. I eventually found the problem (defective fire wall connector plug). It did not have power brakes and was a bear to stop esp if it rained (all four drums) was a pig but a nice highway cruiser, a 326 with a 2bbl carb and a two speed auto.

I also had a datsun 1200 while in college, I remember when the starter went out I went a full semester buy parking on a hill (hard to find in florida, so had to find parking lots with slight inclines) so I could bump start it (4sp man clutch).

some times when there was no hill I would open the door and push start it, running inside the open door and the car body, jump in when I got it a few mph, and do a quick bump start. often take several trys, but always did get it going. Good way to stay in shape eventually I got the 20$ up and got a starter for it. 2 door, no AC, man choke, power nothing and 35mpg back in the 70's only safety item was seat belts.