View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 06:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well I feel pretty dumb lol, this whole time I was recapping the Ford Philco chassis and looking at it forever and hours and hours and kept wondering why there was a crusty looking "wire fuse" connected to the circuit breaker....I failed to look for what it was in the schematic. It turns out that it is a posistor which looks to have failed long before I ever got this tv. The thermistor that is connected to the degaussing coil looked melty and I believe had failed already before (The degaussing coil was removed from the chassis in the tv before I even opened it up for the first time after getting it last year). Luckily when I had ordered the replacement thermistor for the ford philco tv it also came in the same package with a replacement posistor for the ford philco. I was looking all over the chassis assuming the posistor would still have been physically intact but apparently all that is left are the lead wires that went to the disc of it.

Perhaps this may be the primary cause of my HV rectifier cup arcing....

I have a few more minor things to do and will be putting this chassis back in soon to test to see if the HV cup arcing issue is resolved. All tubes have been tested and ruled out as causing any issues, no leaks or shorts. I have an Eicco 667 tubes tester which I recently got and use for testing tubes and have gotten consistent believable results from it, when testing both known good NOS tubes as well as likely tired used ones.