View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Probably either abandoned towns or owned property that the owners have not lived in or maintained for decades... my grandma had such a place in the Chicago suburbs that I helped clean out.... the place had been in a flood and she had inherited great grandmas place so she moved there but left most of the stuff in the first place....it got looted a bit but it is hard to clean out a semi Horder house in a decent neighborhood and not get arrested unless you own the place.

There was a house like that on my block, but lived in... the guy didn't have running water or electricity in a house that would have been 200-400k easily if he had maintained It as a livable home... instead he so let it so go to pot that the new owners had to knock down all but the attached garage to remodel that dump.
There must've been a restricted structure size on that lot. Not enough lot size to support a structure of that size. The owner can get around that zoning rule by leaving part of the existing structure stand and building onto or around it.
Then it would be considered an existing structure.
Audiokarma