View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 04:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
there's no real features 10 has that 7 doesn't that come close to what a S-VIDEO port is worth to me.... Also 7 while not marketed still has a few years of support left it just don't make sense to me to stop making drivers for it till it is done or months from done.
If you install 10 now, you get the most years of service from the new computer until 10 isn't supported anymore. If you go with 7, you're going with something which is already on its way out.. bad idea in my mind, maybe easier now but a potential future headache. And will be absolutely zero fun when some latest shiny engineering package you need for a last minute project can't be installed because it requires minimum OS 10. It's simply down to numbers - if the installed base of old OS is lower than a certain percent of total users, there's no profit in supporting said older users.

Same thing happens with every OS update.. some people held onto XP until its last dying breath - I say when you update hardware, should make software up to date too. Computers are a world where obsolescence is guaranteed, and if you plan to use the computer to make money, it's in your interest to stay ahead of the curve.