View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
It sounds like your Canon is like my miniDV JVC I have.. I used to use it a lot, but then started instead capturing from Firewire directly without tapes, then ultimately I got tired and got my first 1080p camera, which was actually a vivitar. It's sensor was the most god awful thing I ever seen. colors were wrong, it had a narrow angle lens. The sound was like telephone quality too. But it WAS 1080p, and not upscaled. But not worth anything.

I ended up getting this Panasonic because if I was upgrading from cheap, I want to go to pro, and as mentioned before, some friends were discussing making our own B-movie horror.

As of right now, it's the only camera I have that is 3MOS and have a real optical zoom, and shoots 24fps. Some people consider it useless these days because it's not UHD, but to me that doesn't matter. What matters is what you shoot with it, not the resolution.
Yes The Sony DV camcorder was a PITA only because I had to transfer the video real time to DVD to get it into the computer.The plus thing I do enjoy with the canon is it uses SD cards.That one big less step to do.I think the issue with the Canon is they used cheap lenses instead of good ones.I'll be looking for a similar camera like you have with the 3 CCD setup and a good lens system.Also add and get a Mac computer for editing.

For editing and since this Dell is a old computer I got Adobe Premiere 6 ,Vegas Pro 9 , AVS Video converter which is a easy program to edit with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
I wish I knew how to do video editing, where I could put different clips together, combining them into one longer video. IE such as clips of different videos of several TVs or radios in my shop into one video, or like clips of outdoor concerts that I have seen of different bands in different places and songs. What is a good program to use, and I need to learn how to do it. Maybe a video of a slide show, like taken at a gathering or Christmas etc. My videos and pictures just consist of bunches of separate files. Any advice?
Digital Video is easy to do.Many programs out there that will do it as I mentioned above..Windows Movie maker is easy to use and it comes with Windows OS .I dont recall what its called after Win Vista if they changed the name..