View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:53 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

It's not the RF section, this unit has a blank audio function to tell you if it's tuned in right or not. I played with the tuning slug, and it's definitely right on ch 3 where it should be. Posting pictures wouldn't do a lot of good, it really has to be video to see what it's doing but I'll try and describe what I'm seeing.

In dot mode, the dots dance around a bit as if there's a power supply problem. They never stay right where they should, like they do with my modern silicon powered dot/bar gen. In crosshatch mode the horizontal lines look good, but the vertical ones are shimmering and slightly wavy.

Bars actually look decent, just not the right colors. According to the front of the machine it's supposed to start out orange, but instead I have red. At the far right of the screen where green should be I instead have blues, so it sort of seems like one or more of the timing circuits aren't at the right frequency or something. I don't have a counter at home, but I do at work. Maybe I should take it in and do some fiddling?