View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 10:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

John Estep, a member here, had a British prewar mirror in-lid shipped from UK to Pennsylvania. You might send him a PM or email. He has also moved a TRK12. I personally moved 100 TVs from Virginia to California. I hired loaders and unloaders from Penske truck rental recomended list. I did get some furniture nicks and slight damage on some of the wood consoles. The worst was a bakelite Admiral console where the unloader picked the bakelite console up with one hand on the side and the other hand under the bakelite bottom and the bottom broke out. Also inspecting the floor of the truck he found a bakelite piece to another set and tossed it out to me and I missed. As luck would have it it broke in half. My concern with movers is that they load everything by hand. How heavy is a TRK-12 with a wood crate around it. Would it need a fork lift to get off off the truck? I had a RCA 648PTK (over 200 pounds) which they had difficulty getting off the Penske truck but it wasn't too much a problem when I moved it a second time from Long Beach to a mountain cabin using a truck with a lift gate. There was no damage during transport just during unloading. I had blankets around every console with metal straps (similar to bicycle tie downs) holding them securely to the walls of the truck. The TRK12 has a very expensive and valuable CRT so be careful. If it breaks you may never find another good one? I shipped a couple CRTs using FedEx. They arrived safely but always worried me.