View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Last post about my convergence

I know there is not such thing as perfect convergence on CRTs, especially older sets, but I need to get closer than I am. I'm used to seeing a little red or blue on edges of images, but they've always been less than an 1/8". What I'm dealing will on the right and left edges are separations of up to a 1/2" and covers 2" on the left side and 6" of the right.

I know it should get better than this. No one would buy a set if the convergence were this bad. Since I've done all the electrolytic caps, could it be a resistor or capacitor on the convergence board?

I'm attaching a pic. Don't pay attention to the bottom lines. Those are lined up now. I had then lined up, but made them that way when tried to get the edges better. The sides are still as messed up, but not the bottom center horizontal lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg convergence small.jpg (57.2 KB, 164 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650