View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Administrator

The chassis works!

I finished painting the cabinet, I still need to put the doors back on and maybe knock a bit of the gloss off but basically I'm calling the cabinet done.

I installed the tube mounts and stuck in a rejuvenated 21FJ just in case something bad happened. Put the chassis in, filled up the tube sockets with replacements from a CTC11 chassis and fired it up.

The tuner is very touchy which made it hard to get an image and I have the yoke on upside down or wired backwards (doh!) but basically everything is working, full raster, good horizontal lock, vertical lock a little touchy, color and tint works, not sure about sound because I didn't install the audio output tube or a speaker but I suspect it will work also.

The purity and convergence is horrible of course, I don't even have the purity rings installed at this point but the picture is all there.
Once I get everything ready and put back together I'll install the new tube but for now I'll use this tired old junker just in case I knock the neck off or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wynwoodfinish.jpg (20.3 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg ctc10picture.jpg (16.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg ctc10picture2.jpg (19.5 KB, 130 views)