View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 11:26 AM
BigDavesTV

That Large C.M. Combo, those usually had: AM-FM Stereo Tuner, amplifier of course, Record Changer, and a Reel-to-Reel Tape Deck, all in addition to the TV, as well as quite a set of speakers! Had to be over a Grand when new, I'm sure, a ton of money in that day. in the mid-'70's, when I was in High School, I had a two-year Trade Class at the VO-Tech Center, I took TV-Radio Repair. The public would often donate their old sets for us to practice on! We had one C.M. color roundie combo, the size of that one, slightly different cabinet, it was a monster! Up to that point, I had never seen a combination receiver that large, with so many features. None of us ever decided to tackle that set for some reason! I remember it sat against a wall by itself, it had to be about eight feet in length, while all the other sets, were arranged, some stacked on top of others, in an area in the rear corner of the room. I remember we had two Philco Predicta sets, and a couple late '40's, early 50's B/W, the rest were mostly 60's color, rectangular, and a couple other roundie color sets, few table models, and few portables.