View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Hope you fixed the amp, you can get decent money for tube amps from organs.

Some time back I got a Baldwin tube organ for 10$ at a thrift....Given that 6SN7s go for about $10 a pop and it had IIRC around 10 in it, some 12AU7s, 12AX7s, and a 2 channel tube amp it was a no-brainer purchase. I later rewired the amp chassis to use a standard power cord, and audio inputs (it used some funky plugs to connect to the other chassis), and sold the amp for close to $200. Eventually I'll part out the rest of the chassis.
No, sadly enough I didn't end up restoring that amp, I ended up just scrapping it because it was in too bad of shape for me to do anything with plus the wiring underneath was a rats nest (figuratively not literally) and it would of taken me forever to try and get where everything went straightened out seeing as I didn't even have a schematic for it or anything and didn't know where to source one for it, plus I it would of been a little too costly to try and replace the output transformers on it so that the output channels would of been consistent wattage wise (it was a 3 channel amp with 2 treble channels and a bass channel) and the channels weren't matched up wattage wise because one of the treble channels was for the chorus generator, and the other was the plain audio output then you had the bass channel for the lower notes and the pedals.