View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

I tried to use the USPS 800 number to stop my mail for a week, after my mailbox post was hit and flattened. The woman who hit it sent her husband to tell me he'd make it good. I was amazed about that, but calling the 800 number was nothing but a hassle. The voice recognition was not good.

I finally got the mail stopped for a week and then it said "please hang on for your confirmation number, which you can use to reinstate your mail if you want to cancel the stop mail" and then they said "or we can call you back if you like and you won't lose your place in line." I picked that second choice. BIG mistake!

So they called back and the obviously East Indian woman wouldn't give me the number. She said she couldn't prove my identity. Oh brother! So she asked for my name, address, phone number and email address and then started keying in heaven only knows what, over and over and I was getting very peeved and asked that she get on with it.

Finally it ended and the survey about the horrible experience I had didn't work and its volume was so low that it couldn't understand any voice commands. A one was a nine. It finally quit in total frustration. So their survey to find out how badly they're doing is even messed up, so they won't ever know.

After the call completed, I checked my email. There was the confirmation number. So she couldn't tell it to me, but she could email it to me! The next day someone from the local PO called me, asking if I had any problems with the stop mail I issued. So this didn't save anyone any time at all.

Later I got an emailed survey and I let them have it. I said phone calls shouldn't be routed to overseas call centers. I'm sure that all fell on deaf ears, but it made me feel better.

And to top it off, the deadbeat still hasn't paid for my $34 mailbox post. I gave him two weeks to replace it himself and then got one and put it up so I could get mail again.

Hereafter all my dealings with the USPS will be in the post office.