View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 02:24 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by svhs View Post
Dolby Surround encodes four channels of audio into a mono, stereo and - therefore - BTSC-compatible, two-channel signal; after decoding, it produces four channels of audio.

SO
DO you remember any Dolby Surround AIR encoded content on muVies channels and VCR DS DECODERS
I have an old fisher amp that with that dolby decoder. I used to use it mainly as a remote AV switch till some of the jacks got flakey...I may fix it soon since another home theater amp that replaced it won't power on.

Cable used that surround over stereo format right until the end of analog a few years ago and it still exists in VHS tapes, LDs, DVDs etc.

That dolby surround over stereo matrix is very similar to the 1970s SQ and QS methods of recording quadraphonic sound onto stereo LPs...it's so similar that if you unplug your sub woffer, run phantom center channel mode, and reverse speaker polarity on certain speakers you can use one of those dolby decoders to play SQ Quad LPs in quadraphonic sound....to an extent you can do the reverse (play the dolby surround with a QS decoder) too.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 01-16-2021 at 02:32 PM.