View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 06:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueAnders View Post
Yes we did Timmy, it's so exciting! I added more information and pictures on another thread, where it seems I should have continued on with things here.
Still learning!

I think it's wonderful that there's people who are interested in preserving these important historical artifacts, as that's what they've now become! It seems that there's always a few people with the foresight to understand the real significance of important technological milestones, and television was no doubt one of the most important of the last century, yet so few have preserved what's left of these great examples of 20th century America progress! As I said at the beginning, we never had color tv in the '50s and '60s, and it had a powerful allure. My Mom was widowed when I was 10 and didn't have a color TV until around 1978. So it was always a very special thing to have to me.
Yes whenever I see a set like yours it brings back certain memory's for me since we had a set similar to yours in the 60s but for only about 2 years when the crt went bad and was to expensive to fix and then it was black and white from now on back then. It's really to bad how many of these tvs were sent to the curb or dump, it's like throwing away some of the past but at least we all are out here to preserve what's left.