View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:46 PM
M is for Memory

Are the CRTs weak?
There should be no issue with removing the glue and reattaching the glass with a bead of caulk. I have original 21FBP and 21GUP roundy CRTs where the glass on both were fitted with rubber gaskets on the edge (as a spacer and to keep dust out), but no glue, not to mention a rebuilt roundy where there is only a foam spacer on the edge holding the safety glass on....If those were considered safe in production sets, then taking a glue type (which in roundys the ONLY difference between types is the glue) and converting it to a gasket type should be no more risk than factory.
If your scared of implosion during the cataract removal, then bring it to me...I LOVE doing Zenith type cataract removals and would only charge you $10 labor + the cost of the cleaning solvents, caulk I use.

Those are all cool sets that I'd love to have (especially the 1970). The tuner on the 1970 set is VERY interesting. It seems like a precursor to the varactor tuner in my SS flat chassis Avanti. I have a 1971 12B13C52 that uses a similar chassis, but the single chroma module on mine is located more centrally (and uses a DIP IC).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4