Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

BG you were reading my mind. Spent some quality time searching Climax on radiomuseum.org and I think I struck gold but I do not belong to radiomuseum and cannot see the schematics.

Climax was a Chicago mfr. for not long around 1936/1937 on S. Sangamon St. Site has two pages of models and on page 2 they mention the Model 90 "Angry Face" which seems to have come from the sfhobbies.com website text. But that is a 7 tube set and mine is 8. The rest of the 90 series are variations on the 7 tube but only two photos of the same set.

Their other sets with the few photos seem to be of the same garish styling and airplane dial variations. And all with an eye tube but no others with the "angry face" dial version.

Climax made exactly one 8 tube model...the ME and MEBT...both 8 tubes and the exact tube lineup. A winner for now.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/climax_mebt.html

I did Reeses search and found Climax Radio and Television and the MEBT in Riders 8-11 and two other models that radiomuseum does not list. The ME9 and ME17 with no Riders mention. Cousins I guess. And if they disappear in 1937, where does the "television" come from? A look at ARF found a thread that they became General Radio and Television in 1943. Nothing after that. The internet is dry.

The game is afoot! Help with Riders would be great. Only TV Riders here. And to see the pile of Riders that went to the "buy it now" at Kutztown only makes me cry. No takers.

Update; found the M/ME/MEBT at nostalgiaair. Small but useful. Notes show the eye tube was not on the M/ME.

Last edited by Dave A; 05-18-2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo