View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Phillips LDK-3 for sensible sale in Sydney

Hello Folks!

Its time to sensibly start looking for a new home for my two Phillips LDK-3 colour cameras, located in Sydney, Australia.

Its a regretful sale, as I have spent valuable time and some money acquiring, rescuing and cleaning them, and I am fortunate to be in no mad rush to sell, as they are now safe and securely stored. These are reasonably rare in Australia, as the eventual timing of C-day in 1975 meant Phillips wanted to push the LDK-5, Marconi the MK-VIII and RCA the TK-45. This pair have quite a history, much of it reflected in the accompanying documents.

However as one travels in life, one gets the feeling too many other commitments and projects need to take priority. Besides that, the price of living in Sydney, supporting my Mother and her house, and the cost of rooms and real estate, means these cameras (and my other Marconi/RCA gear) are now representing an opportunity cost of about $120 per week in missed uni student bedroom rental !

So do some of your own research, and realize the size and weight of such an historical purchase. Make some space in your house, workshop or seal up that garage and transform it into a restoration studio! Remember they are located in suburban Sydney, Australia ...

Sensible, genuine and realistic offers will then be happily considered when we speak.

Thanks for your consideration, Cheers, Michael 0402 008 531

Last edited by Video Head; 11-08-2014 at 04:14 AM.