Thread: Cabin Fever
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 PM
<----Zenith C845

Here in northeastern Ohio we were snowed on, but good, in the last few (!) storms. I live about a mile from the southern shore of Lake Erie, so it's a bit warmer here than it would be further inland, but still I had plenty of snow. I too have a large mound of plowed snow just down the road from me, but I haven't seen any kids playing in or on it. I'm not sure, but I think perhaps, just maybe, the village I live in could have an ordinance banning kids from playing in snow piles, especially those as big as the one I just mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if there were such an ordinance, as playing on such a large snow mound could be hazardous, dangerous or even fatal, especially when the snow freezes and becomes ice.

It's warming up here, too. The weather forecast on TV is calling for temperatures in the 50s in the next couple of days, so some of that snow will melt, although the same newscast talked about concerns over the possibility and even the likelihood of flooding once the snow starts melting.

Happens every year; ah, the joys (!) of living on the Great Lakes. I've lived in the region all my life (57 years) and still don't like it, but living in an apartment building at least I don't have to worry about shoveling snow.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.