View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
COOL Eric!!

I have a few other small sets as well (Mine IS a "micro" collection). Those little 4.5" sets are neat because I like the high deflection CRTs. The sets are nearly cubes. I have a couple Magnavox "Shadow" sets. ONE of them had become a paint project because I guess the whole front of these is just a piece of real thin lexan or something. I got one from ebay that arrived in TERRIBLE condition and pretty much needed to be "re-imagined". (It's the red one here in the pics). This one is actually VERY much in use. It's in the loo and pretty much stays on at a very low volume any weekend I'm staying home. Gets alot of grins when company comes over and notices I have a set in the loo...tuned to whatever is on in the front room.

I do also have a couple "transparent" versions of the set in this thread. One is blue, and the other is indeed PURPLE. Also managed to find a purple one that wasn't transparent. I got in a weird mood and mounted colored LED modules inside the clear purple one...so it looks EXTRA annoying when turned on :P Friends call this my GAY set, because it just looks like something from a Gay Pride parade. I do sometimes put C batteries in this one and take it places just for a laugh. The LED modules are connected up to the TV side of the power switch on the left, so they come on any time the TV is on....AC or DC. I do keep forgetting that these sets don't get anything but Spanish stations when away from the apartment though. Someday I'm gonna put a transmitter in the little Kia and confuse everyone at the coffeehouse watching my little gay TV :-P

I love those YELLOW ones you have. That is deffinately a color I have NOT seen yet. I could paint up one of the white ones to be yellow, but that would be cheating. The white ones tend to get REAL bad looking if they were in smoking households or in a kitchen window for YEARS. You have that REAL bright blue Pacific Technologies set that I had started this collection with. I have one but the case was all busted up like someone THREW it down the street, and then into the dumpster I found it in (It is now the "open" set on my coffeetable).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg in loo.jpg (85.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg close.jpg (83.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Purple trans.jpg (60.3 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg Purple trans close.jpg (64.3 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by AiboPet; 06-24-2012 at 10:07 AM.