View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanAlley View Post
Okay, I should have the 10x probe for the scope tomorrow. Here's a questions about testing the convergence board. I see in the Sams that each of the test points corresponds to a lead in the convergence socket. It would be much easier to test the leads if the socket were disconnected. That way I could touch the probe directly to each pin in the socket. That's where my question comes in. Is it okay to run the set with the convergence board disconnected. I know the convergence will be way off and there will be no power to the convergence magnets. Other than that, would I cause any damage to anything?

Thanks!
If it was a tube set I would think the worst thing would be a somewhat reduced vert scan, but since its a solid state set I would advise against it. Nothing worse that making matters worse while trying to make them better.

I suggest you figure a way to make contact solid, with the set off turn on note pattern then shut down for removal of test probs. Beside unless the sams says to disconnect then it would be assumed the reading were taken with the plug attached.
Audiokarma