View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
You're *half* right.....but you're taking it over the edge.

There's nowhere in the rule books that says you can't state the category of your beliefs. It's when you espouse them onto others is where things go wrong. I'm a Christian (oops) and have no problem or argument with someone who has no set faith or believes what they want to believe.

When we try to change people's views in that regard, especially in a vintage television forum, is where things get stupid.

Hakuna matata

PS- "I know my input here is considered to be of little to no value anyway" must be how you judge yourself, because that's not how we judge you or see you. Not sure whether that was intended to give your argument credulity.....but it doesn't compute.
Okay, glad that's been clarified. I'm certainly not one to split hairs; after all it's well known what trying to live by exact words did to Greg Brady. Some things, like the temporal prime directive, are much less of a headache if one just ignores them.

I suppose the main problem I have with collecting TVs is deciding what to do with those I don't watch which right now is all but one. If I had different rooms to put them in and extra DVD players I would do just that. The Hitachi MTS stereo TV/monitor I picked up yesterday would also do well if paired with a vintage computer. CRT PC monitors on the other hand I just can't be satisfied with anymore, I like having the extra clarity of a LCD panel when viewing small items/print at close range.

Thinking outside the cube, that's how I roll.