View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 05:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC

My 1995 daily driver Cad SDV was getting tired and has a front main seal oil leak so something new(er) was needed. CL to the rescue.

I saw this Eldo on CL and ran to the seller near me and we made the deal...way below fair price. It is a 2000 ESC tricked out with most options and 37,000 original miles after 20 years. Like new. It jumps from the line. It is a bit tight for my 6'2" frame but ok.

It does have the problematic Northstar engine though. Reading much about it, the popular opinion was to get rid of the orange Dexcool coolant for the aluminum block/head. It thickens with age, the engine heats up and the aluminum warps and pulls the head bolts causing fluids being where they should not be. Cad changed untold numbers of these engines. My mechanic said change to green coolant. It had already been done.

The retired rich owner bought it in 2000 and passed away a year ago. His rich nephew did not want it and was glad to get it to a Cad fan. It needs a radiator cap and a oil send switch and a spot in a few car shows to show the muscle car entrants what a stylish car is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eldo2000.jpg (100.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 03-10-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo