View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 01:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fixer View Post
Thanks Guys! and especially DieselJeep I forgot about these old stereos using good parts in them. The Horn tweeters had a warning sticker on them about disassembling them will void the warranty, and said Jensen Mfg co.
I hooked up a pair of RCA cables to the tape input and connected that to a rca fem to mini audio plug and hooked it all up to a Ipod. Now my niece thinks the stereo if the coolest thing ever!
I just picked up the identical unit for $30. I would have paid that and more for the cabinet alone, but the electronics still work so that was a huge win. The style is great in the MCM den I've been working on, and the unit has a real nice mellow sound to it. I hooked an Amazon Audio Bluetooth receiver to the tape input RCA jacks and can play it from my phone or tablet wirelessly. Neat mix of old and new.

The dials on the set make a lot of noise when I turn them to adjust volume/bass/treble. Sometimes one channel will drop out entirely until I get the dial back into a sweet spot. Any suggestions for cleaning up those connections? I am a total novice when it comes to radios and electronics, so would appreciate any suggestions.